19 September 2008

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Today, in addition to being my beautiful, wonderful mother's birthday, is International Talk Like a Pirate Day all across the globe.

My first experience was ITLAPD was during my freshman year of college. Some fantastic Arizonians (one of whom I married) worked tirelessly to plaster campus with signs encouraging their classmates, peers, and professors to let go of their prejudice regarding the less-then-auspicious history of piracy and embrace the beauty that is the native parole of the sea-faring ilk.

I implore you to, if nothing else, give it a shot. At the least, trying to talk like a pirate will afford you a sense of ease in your own native tongue. I never appreciate ASE more than just after trying to converse in another language, or even in an unfamiliar dialect.

In other news, I have finally started to use Twitter. I had resisted for a time but I eventually caved and I have a feeling that it may be difficult to stop. If you have used Twitter, how do you feel about it?

'Ave a good tide shipmates! Arrgh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"everything i know i learned from pirate radio"

..lol

its off a bumper sticker from libertystickers.com

in my case it's primarily antiwar.com/radio