22 September 2008
Fall is, hands down, my favorite season. There are so many good things during the season that it is difficult to even name them all. I'll give it a shot:
1. Football--this wonderful autumnal game completely diverts me from anything truly productive and I'm sure that my grades suffer as a result but I don't even come close to caring.
2. Weather--along with the leaves changing (which is beautiful in Pennsyltucky), the fall brings cooler, crisper weather and an outdoorsy scent that is simply indescribable, but wonderful.
3. Halloween--is Jenna's favorite holiday and it's a good time for all. I particularly like it when it falls on a weekend and this year it's on a Friday so hooray! What could be better than dressing up and acting like something/someone else and eating way too much candy?
4. Thanksgiving--it may very well be my favorite holiday. It combines all the good things of Fall plus wonderful food. Last year we hosted a Thanksgiving feast and we're doing it again this year. I do love a good turkey.
5. Autumn--this is one of my favorite words. Words that end in -mn are wonderful to me. It is even better in the phrase 'autumnal equinox."
That list is in honor of the autumnal equinox that occurs at 11:44 EST today, September 22.
Enjoy this most wonderful of seasons and take a few extra steps to crunch a particularly crispy-looking fallen leaf this year.