10 July 2008

Ára bátur


I know that yesterday I said I wouldn't elaborate about how amazing Sigur Rós' new album is, but I just can't resist. I should be sitting here preparing a presentation on Stuart Hall, but I cannot stop listening to the song "Ára bátur" (which, apparently, means 'row boat) from the newest album by the Icelandic troubadours. The only way to describe the song that is even remotely fitting is triumphant. Not in the "Magic Power" kind of way but in a way that makes me feel as if I've won something just by having purchased the album. I am always a little bit fearful when a favorite band releases an album but there is absolutely no disappointment from this latest release.

If you will only indulge me, please listen to this song. Like Sam says, "It'll change your life, I swear."

No comments: