13 March 2008

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga


The last few days, I've not been able to stop listening to Spoon. Just yesterday I was able to stop playing Gimmie Fiction, only to move right on to Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. Spoon are (I'm working on sounding British in my music reviews, British=Pretentious in American) coming to Philadelphia on April 25th; but I haven't yet gotten tickets.


Anyway, my favorite tracks from Gimmie Fiction are "The Beast and Dragon, Adored," "I Turn My Camera On," and "My Mathematical Mind." And from Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga I adore "Don't You Evah" and "Rhythm and Soul." Given the chance, I would make an entire, hour-long cycling class mix made entirely of songs by Spoon. There is a consistent bass thump, various rhythms, and surprisingly catchy lyrics.


All this having been said, in the words of my good friend Jordan, Spoon is "the lick of my spoon."

No comments: